The week was Spring Break for Eric, so he was in Logan for the week. (I loved that!) I knew that he was planning to propose, but all week long he apologized for school being so crazy and his not being able to go ring shopping yet. That was where he really got me. I was 100% convinced he hadn't even been shopping.
Friday night was A-Day. Our plans for the night consisted of going to dinner at 5:30, and becoming True Aggies at Midnight. "And he would plan something in the middle." Quote, unquote. We started our evening by going to Subway for dinner, where we ran into our friends Aubrey and Brock. (This was not part of Eric's plan, but a nice surprise anyway.) As we finished dinner, Eric brought up what we would do between dinner and True Aggie Night. He claimed that our friend Justin, whose job at a printer company sometimes involves working with the copiers and printers on campus, had received a free plane ride from the aviation department and had told Eric we could take it for our date that night. I know, I know. I should have known. Eric downplayed the idea, saying things like, "I just thought it could be something fun for us to do." He didn't even seem nervous! It was a convincing act. He told me that when he called the USU Airport, his friend Neil answered and wanted to be our pilot. (This was actually true- When Eric went to the airport in person to arrange for our flight, Neil was there and offered to be our pilot) He said that Neil was going to bring a date too and that it was another friend, Jenny. (Eric, Neil, and Jenny were all in the same Ward for a couple years before Eric moved to Salt Lake.)
Neil walked us through all the preparations for the flight, and Jenny was kind enough to take some pictures of us on Eric's camera. Not too suspicious... Who wouldn't want pictures of themselves while on a plane ride?
The story gets better. And more embarrassing for me. Earlier that morning, Eric had written out "Marry Me" in our friend Krista's field using rolls of white butcher paper. I saw the words the moment we flew over them, and I spun around to look at Eric. He didn't realize that I had seen it. Since Eric didn't do anything, I didn't know what to do. So I sat still and stared out the window. When Eric had Neil loop around again though, I knew that the message had to be for me. The second time is the charm I guess. Eric pulled out the ring, proposed, I said yes, we kissed, and it was great.
After the plane ride we went back to Eric's parents house where he gave me roses and we had to sit down for a little while. (I guess rides in small airplanes make you a little sick...) We talked with Eric's parents when they came back after cleaning up the paper at Krista's, and I borrowed Eric's phone to call my own family.
After Eric and I got feeling better, we drove over to campus. We watched Hitch in Eric's car until 11:45pm when the line for True Aggie Night started. We got in line, had our short moment on the "A," and became True Aggies. It was the perfect way to end the night.

After Eric and I got feeling better, we drove over to campus. We watched Hitch in Eric's car until 11:45pm when the line for True Aggie Night started. We got in line, had our short moment on the "A," and became True Aggies. It was the perfect way to end the night.




I have been waiting and waiting for this post! :) I can't believe he did that! Way cute. And very cute pics ;) LOVE!
ReplyDeleteGood story! yah :)
ReplyDelete