Monday, February 14, 2011

Lifehouse. You Were My Fave. Sometimes You Still Are.


I had my ipod on shuffle today and this song came on. It is a favorite from high school, and for some reason, even though I listened to it many times in those days and attached a lot of meanings to it, it always takes me back to a moment in my red Taurus on my way to Northridge one morning. This song came on the radio right as I stopped at the light on Highway 193. I was alone. My grandma had passed away the night before. I was a wreck, but I didn't want anyone to know. So I had my short breakdown in the car that morning, before I went into the school to pretend I was fine.

I think it's interesting how we relate differently to songs when we hear them at different times in our lives, and while we remember the old feelings attached to it, we can also attach new meanings. This song hit me hard today as I found myself relating to the words over and over again. Just like that day in high school. Maybe I'll think of today walking towards Old Main next time I hear it. Who knows? Music is powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment