I'm still not sure how I feel about this story.
At my program a couple weeks ago, one of my residents told me he was looking into becoming an RA next year. He asked me what my favorite things about being an RA are, and about the application process. I told him what I love about my job, a little about how difficult the application process is, and said something about how I liked just about everything about my job, but sometimes I struggled with my chronic shyness. He responded with, "Yeah, my roommate and I were looking at the personality traits they listed that an RA should have and said, 'Megan isn't really like that, is she?'"
I had nothing to say to that, I could only stare at him. Luckily, he continued...
"You know, comparing you to other RA's is kind of like comparing cardboard and pizza. They're both useful, just not the same thing..."
I'm not sure what my face looked like at the point, but I'm pretty sure it was my facial expression that stopped him.
"But you're the pizza, of course!"
Oh, well, that makes it better... I guess... ?
...What?!
No comments:
Post a Comment