Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Birthday to Rival #5...

I turned 19 yesterday! Wow! And it was definitely in my top 3 birthdays, not gonna lie. My day started when I woke up at 9:00. I got up and got ready for the day, went into the housing office to check the mail, and then headed over to the bus stop. I caught the #1 bus around 11:00. At the stop on 600 East, my friend Sara Smith got on. Her birthday is June 4 and we have been going to lunch every year for our birthdays since we were about 10. In the past our moms have always come, but since we both live in Logan and our moms don't, we were on our own this year. We caught bus #5 at the transit center and went to Olive Garden. We talked about anything and everything and had a blast just catching up and laughing. After we ate we went window shopping in the mall until it was time for me to head back. I had more plans, of course. 10 minutes after I got back to my dorm my family arrived in Logan. This was around 2:15. I opened my presents in my dorm and then we split into 2 teams. We went to Angie's and ordered 2 sinks and the contest was on. My team won, of course. We had my birthday luck on our side. After cleaning our sinks we ordered some french fries and sandwiches to split and ate lunch. Um, second lunch for me. After we ate we went back to my dorm and played a few games before my family had to head home, around 5:00, so that my parents could go to the adult session of stake conference. I was reading in my room when my doorbell rang an hour or so later. I opened the door to find two of my best friends, Emily and Meg, standing there. After thoroughly hugging them both and looking at the banners they had hung in my building announcing my age and the fact that it was my birthday to all my residents, I let them in. They informed me that they were taking me out to dinner, wherever I wanted to go... Oh my. We played in my room for awhile talking and joking around. I tried to put off our actually leaving as long as I could, but when Meg's stomach started to growl, I decided on Panda Express and we went and got our food. And picked up a lemon meringue pie from Village Inn... (My favorite! I always have and always will prefer pie to birthday cake) I managed to eat my chinese food, and luckily, we saved the pie for later. Emily and Meg left around 1:00 in the morning after we ate some delicious pie and played my favorite game in the world- Blink. :) Even most of the friends that I didn't get to see in person sent birthday wishes via text or facebook. Wow. I went to bed feeling incredibly lucky for the amazing friends and family that I have. It was a great day, that is for sure! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday! :) Sounds like a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete